Join our workshop instructor team as we teach community education to over 1,000 Portlanders every year. Develop your skills as a public speaker while making sure people attain the knowledge for how to live safely and comfortably in their home.
Teach for action
Using multi-sensory teaching styles, we help people take immediate steps to keep their home warmer, safer, and more livable. You will be supported every step of the way, learning the workshop material, our teaching style, and and how to work with interpreters.
Have real impact…
95% of the workshop attendees take immediate steps to improve their home as a result of what they learn. You will be a part of this movement that leverages education for a better community.
Training Schedule (2018 Cohort):
- September 8: Public Speaking, Equity Practices, & Adult Education
- September 15: Introduction to workshop content
- September 22: Practice 1/2 of the workshop for cohort
- September 29: Practice other 1/2 of the workshop for cohort
- VWL-Position Description
- fill out this online form
- Contact Megan McGinnis by email or phone (503-284-6827 x108) with any questions