Community Energy Project provides free DIY workshops to teach low-cost energy saving techniques for renters and homeowners alike. Learn how to implement simple measures to lower home energy use by installing effective weatherization materials using basic tools. Qualified participants can receive a free kit of weatherization supplies.
Get involved with our Weatherization Workshop Program:
- Register for a workshop on our calendar page
- View and share our Weatherization Services Brochure
- Help us teach our workshops-become a Volunteer Workshop Leader
- Host a workshop for your community by filling out our interest form
- Contact our Program Coordinator at 971.544.8712 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions
This workshop teaches participants:
- How our homes act as a system
- How a home uses energy
- Easy cost saving strategies to implement in your home
- How to stop drafts in the home
- General mold prevention strategies
This workshop is perfect for:
- Renters and homeowners in houses, apartments, mobile homes, trailers
- Families that want to have a warmer, energy efficient living space
- Anyone who wants to lower their energy bill
- Those who want to learn more about how our homes use energy
- Households that cannot afford to purchase weatherization materials
Everyone is welcome to attend our workshops! Qualified households will receive a free weatherization kit. Click HERE to see if you qualify to receive a weatherization kit.
For those that exceed the income guidelines, some of the unique supplies are available for purchase from our office.
Additional Weatherization resources